Monday, January 12, 2009

Macy's on a Sunday

In between movies, we wandered down to Macy's to roam for irresistible bargains. I found a pair of pants that were pretty cool - until I put them on. The back pockets pretty much did a disappearing act on my ass. That always pisses me off, because it's the one thing I found that I was remotely interested in that wasn't over $80 (trying to conserve.) Of course there were things I wanted, but even on sale, I just don't want to spend $200-$400 on a jacket right now. But we always enjoy wandering and always go look at "our" glass case that we want. It was on sale for $1000 with a "no tax" sale on top of that. Normally that thing is $1200 but - we resisted.

The weird thing about Macy's on a Sunday is that it turns into not only a gay shopping experience, but more specifically a Bear shopping experience. We ran into Brian and his new "un-partner" (he says they aren't partnered, but signs say otherwise.) They were shopping for Market this week (ugh, Market - I'll explain that one in a minute.) - you should dress to impress. Anyway, everywhere I turned there were more bears. It was very weird.

Not that I'm not used to it - it's a phenomenon that I've noticed many times, it just strikes me as funny every time. Northpark Mall is a very gay mall, in general. Why? Because it has all of the big-name designer "boutiques", Neimans, Barneys, etc... The only other mall in Dallas that any self-respecting gay man will shop at is the Galleria, but that's for the gays to the North. Neither of these malls has or will ever have a "Spencer Gifts." They're great places for people watching - it's where Dallas Money goes when they want to shop.


No comments: