Thursday, January 22, 2009

Trimming the Fat

Looks like things are getting back to normal. Allergy symptoms are all but gone and I feel great.

I filed my taxes today. I get a decent little refund which, as much as I would like to buy some glass, is going to bills. Mark and I have budgeted out for the next few months and our goal is to have most of our debt paid down by the time for our trip to San Francisco in June. The catch to that of course is that we don't have spending money in the meantime.

I know that given the economy we're sitting pretty good overall and I shouldn't complain about not having spending money because we can pay our bills and still pay down debt. There are many out there that can't even pay their bills, much less get out of debt. We have just both always enjoyed shopping so much and it's a big part of our lives that we are learning to live without, but again I'm grateful for what I have and what I'm able to do.

I'm looking into where I can trim even more fat so I can start to give to people less fortunate. It's not that I have extra money to give, but when I see that there are people much worse off than myself I have a hard time complaining about not getting to buy some piece of glass I've had my eye on. Not that I can afford to buy glass right now anyway, but I can cut some more corners somewhere.


No comments: