Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lose It

There's an iphone app I discovered that I have to share - "Lose It". It's a free app that figures out how many calories you need to consume to maintain your weight and how you should consume to lose.

The fun part is that it counts down for you throughout the day. You just enter what you eat and it figures it for you. A lot of name brand and restaurants are in there already, but what isn't in there you can input and it saves it as one of "Your Foods".

Because I mix my own creamer blend and drink 32 oz or so of coffee, I have "Steven's Coffee" set so I don't have to enter everything that goes into it individually everyday. It also remembers common meals you have so you can quickly plug them in.

Then, there's a graph and chart showing how long it will take to reach your goal weight and how many you've used and have left. There are two customizable features that are cool too. You can set it to also record fat, fiber, etc if you want to figure points (there's no point calculator), and you can input exercise and it'll figure that in. (I don't use that part.)

No comments: