Sunday, February 11, 2007

Another Round

Well, yesterday was another full day. I met the boys for breakfast at Market Diner. We took the out-of-towners to Northpark Mall to wander around and catch a movie. This is what we do in Dallas - eat, shop, and watch movies. I love this city, but it is definitely a shopping and eating mecca. After all, Northpark is the country's first mall. It all started here. Anywho...we went to see Norbit. I was dragging my feet, but once the movie started, I didn't stop laughing. It is definitely worth seeing if you just want to relax and have a good time.

After the movie, I went home to check on Abby and take a power nap before starting the evening's festivities. The boys picked me up and we went to dinner at "Cafe Express." Very good, fast, gourmet food. We went back to Mark & Brian's and watched Little Britain while letting our food digest some.

We headed to the Rose Room to catch the drag show. One of the best in the country. One of my absolute favorites of all time was performing. Her name is Maya Douglas. If you've never seen her, it is worth the trip to Dallas. We saw an amazing performer named Alexis Nicole Whitney. She is blind. It is amazing to watch a blind female impersonator connect with an audience the way she did - very inspirational.

We wrapped up the evening at The Round-Up. All in all a very fun evening! But I have to say, it's been a long weekend. My body is not used to this amount of tequila and social activity anymore. I'm ready for a nap. But, not today - too much to do.

1 comment:

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Had a great time with you this weekend and I'm sure many more to come. Hopefully they'll be a tad bit more relaxed and involving less tequila.