Sunday, February 18, 2007

A New Direction

Well, it's time for my life to take a new direction. I have completely lost interest in my degree field and have decided to withdraw from school. Interior Design is a great field to be in, but I've discovered in working at the showroom that I have no desire to work with clients. Our showroom is "To the trade" only so I deal with designers on a daily basis. Listening to the problems they have made me realize that it's not what I want to do.

I accepted a position at the showroom. We sell high-end (avg $40-50/sf) handcrafted tiles. The showroom has been around for 30 years. It is a mom and pop operation, but very lucrative. There are only 6 of us working there - 3 in sales. It's a very laid back showroom which is not very common, especially in Dallas. I can relax and be myself. It is the best job I've ever had and plan on staying for years.


No comments: