Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Period of Adjustment

Since I decided to withdraw from school and work full time in the showroom I've been going through a strange period of adjustment. I've been in school for the past 4 years. I'm used to constantly having homework on the brain and an ever-changing schedule. Now that's all gone. It's strange to think that the only regularly scheduled thing for me is work: M-F 9-5.

That's another thing - a regular schedule. Even before school I spent about 10 years in retail. So, now that I think about it, I've never had a M-F 9-5. It's a strange adjustment, but I think it's a good one to make. My memory just gets worse almost daily, I was starting to have a hard time keeping up with my schedule. Now, I don't even have to think about it.

However, now my social calendar is filling up. Luckily I have people around me who'll help me remember stuff. Mark tells me to get a palm pilot. I had one. It was a complete waste of money because I would forget to use it. Same with a planner. I can't tell you how many planners I've thrown away in the past because I quit using them about a week or two after I get them. Like the palm pilot, in order for it to work you have to remember to use it. So, luckily Mark is involved in most of the same activities so he can be my back up memory - he doesn't forget to use his palm pilot.

I really need to start doing more brain exercises...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you're going to rely on a 41 year old guy with the beginnings of alzheimers, who has trouble remembering where he at LUNCH at the end of the day, remember your schedule?

You're a trusting soul. :)