Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I've seen my bladder!

Well, I had my first sonogram today and good news - I'm not pregnant. I spent a couple of hours out of my day at the urologist. I've had a few minor, annoying problems and now that I have insurance I decided to get them checked out.

The first good news of the day is that my bladder is stretched to twice the size of a normal bladder. I can pee for hours and 5 minutes later do it again. Odd. He decided that he needed to take a look at the inside of my bladder. If a doctor ever says very non-chalantly that he needs to have a look inside your bladder or uses the term "cystoscopy", get up and leave the office, unless you want to meet this guy:



There is only one way into the bladder. Thank god for the little bit of numbing gel that was used. It was a very uncomfortable experience, but made for interesting television watching. And the good (?) news is that he didn't find anything. The bad news is - he doesn't know what's causing the problems.

He prescribed some medication for an enlarged prostrate - even though it seems to be ok. We're now down to process of elimination. I will take the meds and see if it helps. In a month I'll go back to check-in. If that doesn't work, then we're on the path to some slightly more invasive procedures. That has fun written all over it!

No comments: