Thursday, March 15, 2007

Last night I wrote a book

I have nothing to write about today. I know what I'm going to write about tomorrow and Monday, but for today - nothing. I was going to write about the car show, but I decided to let Mark and Brian do that alone. They need some alone time, especially since I'll be spending the next few days with them doing stuff. So, here I sit with not a lot to say. But I do remember a dream from last night.

Last night I dreamt I wrote a book. Actually, it was a continuation of a previous dream - at least I think it was. I don't remember my dreams very often so there's probably a reason for remembering this one. It wasn't the greatest book, in fact I think I wrote it in about 3 hours. It started out as a vampire story, but turned into a shark story. I don't remember much more than that about the actual story other than it involved electric eels. Why do I know that?

I remember my agent telling me that it would never be classified in the correct section. That because I wrote about electric eels it would be filed with electrician books instead of horror. (It made complete sense in my dream)

I designed the cover myself. Painted it and put it all together in about an hour (I wish I worked this fast in real life). Then I thought about overall packaging. For some reason I had the brilliant idea of wrapping it in a t-shirt. (I've been buying a lot of t-shirts online lately) and Voila! finished! Now it just has to be published! I'm wondering if I'll dream about that tonight.

I've been wanting to write a book for a long time. I wonder if this is just an expression of that, or a warning that it will suck.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Books wrapped in T-shirts! What a "novel" idea!

Pardon the pun.

Anonymous said...

Maybe its a sign that it will suck if you rush it.

And do your own marketing. You might want to leave that up to the professionals, T-shirt boy. ;-)

Steve in DFW said...

Now I don't feel so bad about my Ina Garten dream last night.

Anonymous said...

i totally love he idea of wrapping it in a t-shirt. it may catch on and be the next big marketing craze.

i would buy a book about sharks and vampires and electric eels. but then i need a break from all the nursing books i read. ;-)