Friday, March 16, 2007

They've finally met

oh
my
god!

The Scissor Sisters concert was awesome! And that isn't a word I use lightly - in fact, I never use that word. But it was! For more than just the concert - don't get me wrong - I LOVE them, but last night was kind of a monumental night. Last night was the meeting of the best friends.

I have known Stacie for 15 years. We've been best friends for most of that time, and during that time there were no others. I didn't think it would be possible to have more than one. I mean the word is "best" right? As in, nothing better - and singular, but I was wrong. Now there's Mark.

The two had never met before last night. It's always a little stressful, but it went great! They got along, and better than that - they actually like each other! They weren't as crazy about me with them together. I have this natural sarcasm and bitchiness that is in my blood. (One reason I don't have a lot of friends). With Stacie and Mark individually I'm free to be my sarcastic bitchy sSelf. Well, apparently when I'm around the two together I go into bitchy hypermode. Luckily Stacie's been around long enough to know that if I'm like that with you it is a sign of affection. As messed up as it is I show affection by making snide remarks.

I've worked on it and have finally come to the conclusion that it will never change. I'm not a negative person necessarily, just a little bitchy at times. Anywho - I'm excited because it's time for another ranch weekend! WooHoo!!! I think St Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays...
I'm such an alcoholic...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when my husband met my best friend for the first time. (My friend and I had become close while he was deployed.)

I remember being so nervous, but excited. Then they spent most of their time ganging up on me. ;-)

You have great taste in friends. How could they not like each other?

Anonymous said...

i'm SO jealous, when my best friends at the time met years ago, they didn't get along and were really bristly to each other. i felt horrible. each of them later asked me how i could be friends with the other one. so you just never know.

Anonymous said...

It was good to meet you at the Scissor Sisters concert! Had a great time drinkin and dancin and hangin out with y'all.

Jim