Monday, May 21, 2007

A Bad Gay Man

I'm a bad gay man. Not to say that I'm a bad person, I'm not. But I don't make a good gay man. This isn't a new realization, but it has just been reinforced lately. To start with I have no idea how to pick someone up, but even if I did, I'm not sure it would lead to much. It is a miracle I have the experience with men that I have when I stop to think about it. But looking back, I met most of them through friends.

I have never once had a random casual encounter with someone I picked up anywhere. It's not even that I want that, but I don't know that I could do it if I wanted. I was in Macy's the other day and there were gay men littered about. After walking around and doing "the dance" with a couple of them, I was kind of lost. I thought, "what if I wanted to close the deal? What would I do?" I had no answer.

I made and held eye contact with a couple of them, smiled, then after making my purchase I left the store. I didn't know what else to do. It really is amazing to me that I've been out of the closet since I was 17, but am not capable of the random pick-up. It is just a skill I never acquired. Thank god I meet people occasionally through friends otherwise I would live the life of a celibate. If I were left to my own devices I'd starve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're just a little cruisetarded.

Wayne said...

All you need to do, is grab a shirt, and went up to the guy you liked, and asked "Do you think I look good in this?"
that will spark a conversation.

Anonymous said...

Kind of like what would the dog do if he ever caught the car he was chasing, huh? I would say that most guys out shopping are just shopping and not looking for a hookup, just "window shopping" or "enjoying the sights". I know I'll get clobbered for saying this, but I find it rather trashy to casually pick up tricks.