Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Daddy's Little Girl



Because I see her everyday, I don't think of Abby as a giant dog. In my eyes she's still a puppy with a lot of growing to do. I always kind of laugh when people comment on how large she is because I just don't see it normally. Last night is a different story though.

I got home late and decided to hang out with Abby on the floor and give her some attention while I was catching up on missed episodes of The Tudors. At one point I grabbed her paw and put it in my hand - it completely covered it!

A little bit later she got up for a drink of water and when she came back over she stopped for a minute, hovering over me. I was sitting on the floor and she was standing with her head above mine dripping water all over me. Daddy's little girl is becoming bigger than Daddy!

Although I don't think she'll get any taller (she can see over the counter), she has enough extra skin to fill out pretty nicely. I figure in the next year she'll fill out to her final adult size - I'm hoping she'll hit 130-140 pounds. Right now she's 120.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, if nobody else is going to say it.......Ever notice how much dog owners look like their dogs?

(Don't get upset, you're not the only one - think Mark and Max)

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Max and I both might be furry, but my ears are MUCH smaller and less pointy. Although my tongue does seem to hang out the side of my mouth on rare occasions.

Txsmurf said...

RARE occasions?