Monday, May 14, 2007

Too tired for a title

The weekend was great! But, the biggest news of the weekend wasn't at the Ranch, it was here at home. Before getting to that though, here are pictures from this weekend.

Now to the news of the weekend. Let me start by saying I love living where I am and I am still looking at buying a place in the neighborhood because I can see where this area is going. That being said, this is still a neighborhood with problems.

Friday evening (May 11) at 6:00pm a man was shot and killed in front of my building. Granted, he was a drug dealer and someone who spent a lot of time out by the street, but it was still close to home. Apparently, according to other residents, he had called the police saying that someone was trying to kill him. After they were around for about an hour or so they left. About 15 minutes later a car pulled up and shot him.

The good news in this is that is wasn't random. The bad thing is that it was a very real reminder that with all of the improvements going on around us, the area is still very transitional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a guy jump out of the window next to my apt. It was 15 stories to the ground. Needless to say, he was toast when he landed! This was in one of the swankiest neighborhoods in dtn baltimore. It can happen anywhere. Look at it this way-it can't get much worse & values will only go up. People always need places to live.