Friday, June 8, 2007

Thank You

OK, so I know I said I would write about the wedding this past weekend, but I have to take a moment to say a little public thank you to Mark and Brian. I have recently taken in my ex who is going through a real rough patch. I couldn't let him go homeless, so he is staying with me temporarily. However, this has put a major strain on me financially.

It's not that it's so expensive having him live there, it's just that I've had a hard time compensating for it. I had trips planned long before he moved in with me and I couldn't cancel them, so basically I'm a little strapped. Mark and I went to dinner last night and before taking me back home I needed to stop by the store for a few things (I also haven't gotten used to a second mouth to feed.)

As I was about to pay I realized I was short money. I was mortified. I haven't been in this dire a financial position in a long time. Mark reached over and paid for my groceries. I'm not joking when I say I teared up and almost broke into tears right there. It wasn't that it was a lot of money or anything, but it was completely unexpected.

Awhile after I got home, Mark called and said that Brian wanted to know if I wanted to go to the ranch this weekend. He said that they knew I needed to get away and have a nice quiet weekend. Brian has been wanting to go to the ranch alone with Mark for months now. They were planning to do that this weekend. I told Mark "no" a few times because they needed this weekend, but after his insisting, I gave in. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be going, I'm just a little humbled I guess.

Mark and Brian are amazing, caring, loving guys. I was amazingly fortunate to find Mark. He is the best man I know and I'm incredibly happy that I can call him my best friend. Mark would've been enough, but to get Brian along with him is more than I ever expected. I just hope that I'm able to return the favor someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was really sweet of him! I can't help but feel partially responsible for your cash shortage, too.

While there's thanking going on, thank you for making the trip to NOLA possible, and thanks for sticking up for me, too. You're a pretty great bff =)

I'm already thinking of ways to return the favors once I'm gainfully employed again... Until then, I'm available for manual labor, a shoulder to cry on, yadda yadda. Love you, Steve-o!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to come back and comment. My bad. I just wanted to say that you're one in a million and I'm lucky to have you as my best friend. I'd do anything for you.

orange.paper.bike said...

yes, that mark is indeed one genuine angel of a man. he's always been the type to give, give, give and will always be there for his close friends. one in a million? no. ONE IN A BILLION!