Monday, June 11, 2007

Volleyball at the Ranch

Me being accosted by Rose at the Ranch.

Compared to the previous two weekends, this one was pretty quiet. Mark, Brian, Steve (Mark's friend), and I went to the ranch to get away. I was expecting it to be an "off weekend" but it wasn't. Saturday was a Volleyball tournament. Mark played while Brian played net judge and Steve and I sat in the shade and watched. After volleyball, everyone went to the pool to hang out all afternoon. I went back to the trailer and laid down for a few hours in the dark, cool quiet.

Around 6, we decided to go into town to a little diner for dinner. The poor waitress was very easily confused and was having a lot of difficulty that day, but the food was good. As we were finishing up, in walks a group of 4 beautiful men. Our jaws dropped as we hoped they were a group of bears stopping in before heading to the ranch. Unfortunately, after eavesdropping a bit we realized they were hopelessly straight.

After staring for a bit and acting like a group of High School girls, we decided it was time to head out before we were lynched. That night was spent in the golf cart convoy. About 8 golf carts got together and just rode around...and around...and around - for hours. After getting to bed about 4:30am, yesterday was a recovery day.

It was a lot of fun and very mild given my past history at the ranch, which was great. I told Mark last night I would like to go up there on an "off weekend" sometime soon. I really would like a weekend where nothing is going on to just sit around and relax. Here are a few pictures from the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sunburnt and tired. Although I did have a good time for the most part, it would be nice to just go up there and do absolutely nothing. We're just SO popular everyone wants to be around us. ;)