Tuesday, July 24, 2007

100th Post and I'm Fat

Woohoo!!! This is my 100th post. It seems strange to have written 100 entries when in the past every time I've started something like this I end up with a few entries and then I quit. So, this is actually a pretty big deal for me. And speaking of "big" deals...

I have to get back to working out. My clothes have gotten tighter and I refuse to start buying bigger clothes. I have to force myself to lose weight again and get in shape. Sometimes I try to kid myself that I'm comfortable being soft when in fact I'm miserable.

It was only about 3 or 4 months ago that I was in the best shape I'd ever been in (which isn't saying a whole lot). Even though I really had to force myself to go workout, I did it. I was getting great results and was happier than I've been in a long time - especially with myself. I have hated my body for most, if not all, of my life. For the first time, that wasn't the case.

It's time to get strict again. Back to Weight Watchers point counting and Weight Watchers meals, and back to the workouts. As much as I hate doing all of that shit, I hate my clothes getting tighter and tighter even more.

4 comments:

Matt said...

Join the fat club, my friend. Since the move and Jason moving to Cincinnati, we've eating and drank and not exercised that much... We've both gained.

So, I'm back in the gym 3-5x/week, eating healthy... I should be at my 25+ weight loss in October...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephen, how do you like the Weight Watchers? My company has an agreement with them where we can join for a discounted rate and I wanted to check with someone who has been following their plan first to see what they thought of it.

troglodytis said...

fat says one of three things:

1)look out world! i am here to live and partake in all the spenders you have to offer! give me the wine and cheese!!!

2)look out world! i'm a lazy ass couch potato! give me the cheese whiz!!!

3)both

Anonymous said...

I think you are just fine the way you are. If you diet to "feel" better, that's OK. If you are dieting because you think that as you are you are "not enough", then that's bad.

I'll bet you have a lot of nice guys in your life for whom you are "enough" just the way you are.