Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend News

Friday I went with Mark and Brian to see Hairspray. It was a wonderful, fun musical that never lost my attention once. I never thought it would be better than the original, but it was. I wanted to stay and watch it again. The casting was great - John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Christopher Walken were all great. There were a few fun cameos as well - John Waters: a flasher, Jerry Stiller: Hefty Hideaway owner, Ricki Lake: talent scout. I can't wait to go see it again!

Saturday, Mark, Brian, Terry, Mama, and I all went to Ft Worth to see the Ron Mueck exhibit at the FW Museum of Modern Art. He's an incredible sculptor whose pieces feel like they will come to life at any moment. What is so creepy about them is that they are super-realistic human sculptures that are larger or smaller in scale than an actual person. The artist doesn't have an official website, so here's a link to another blog with pics, videos, and detailed information. If you don't know who this guy is you should really check him out.

After the exhibit we all went to my parents' house to swim. They are both out of town and since we were going to be in the neighborhood, it sounded like a nice relaxing afternoon. And it was. After getting sufficiently burned, we headed back home where Mark and I cooked for everyone before going our separate ways.

Sunday was spent at Mark and Brian's all day working on the computer. I had to get some t-shirt designs finished for an upcoming reunion of sorts. Afterward we went to The Door for the Beer Bust. After about 10 beers and 3 jello shots we meandered home and everyone again went their separate ways. I got home and promptly passed out waking up this morning with a huge hangover. Now that I'm at work and the headache has subsided a bit, I really just want to go back to bed.

I think I'm gonna go drink a Red Bull and see if that helps any...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Party hardy - pay the price

Anonymous said...

Aw geez-----I hated the new Hairspray. The orig is great & the B'dway musical is a riot-but this one was so mediocre. I thought John Travolta was dismal. He was the worst Edna ever. I still think Hollywood's aversion to Harvey Fierstein not being a big enough name was bullshit! They blew it bigtime with this mess! So many good numbers were cut-out. I was bored to tears. They just did a re-hashed hack job to it. Such a pity.