Monday, February 18, 2008

Reconnecting

I didn't get my cleaning done that I was supposed to this weekend. I preferred sleep. Saturday evening I went with Mark and Brian to see Troy perform as Kristina Kross at a Bingo game. Kristina rarely comes out these days. She was the first drag queen I ever saw perform live. Troy and I have been friends for many years now and it was great to see Kristina again.

Sunday I went up to Denton and spent time with Darcy, a friend from High School. She had a kid 20 months ago and I probably hadn't seen her for a few months before that. It was great to reconnect with her. I also got great news that a good friend of mine that I lost touch with was back in Denton from Miami. Darcy ran into him the other day and one of the first questions out of his mouth was "Do you still talk to Steven?"

That just puts a smile on my face every time I think about it. He was always very special to me and I've missed him a lot. Hopefully we'll reconnect soon and catch up on the past few years. Now that I think about it I haven't seen him since Shayne died and that was over 4 1/2 years ago.

It feels great to reconnect with people I haven't talked to in so long - Troy, Darcy, and hopefully soon, David. These are all people that are very grounding for me and very near and dear to me which just makes it worse that I haven't kept up with them over the years. Hopefully that's behind us now and we can all stay in touch.

No comments: