Thursday, March 6, 2008

Seattle is set

Well, I'm going to Seattle April 3-6. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been. I've been south of there to Olympia, but that's all I've seen of WA. I'll be staying downtown and have a list of about 20 things I want to see. I'll be coming up with the itinerary probably until I land there.

On the list of things to do:
Pikes Place Fish Market
Pioneer Square and Underground Tour
Space Needle and EMP
Olympic Sculptures
Original Starbucks
Ferry
Cal Anderson Park Water Sculptures
Ranier Tower
Seattle Tower
Koolhaas Library
Richard Hugo House
Fremont Troll
Lenin Sculpture

And I'm sure there are things I've missed...but this is a good starting point and no way I can get it all done...I don't think...sometimes, when I travel alone I can get quite a bit accomplished. Any ideas from anyone who's been/lives there?

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mai said...

Go to Ivar's - famous seafood stand down on the pier. They are famous for their clam chowder (yum!), but they have other things as well like fish and chips (also yummy!). you can eat at a picnic table, people-watch and enjoy the sights of whatever ships or boats are out on the water. I enjoy it.