Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vegas and Abby


I guess I should catch up a bit. Las Vegas was great! I went with $500 and came back with $700. Not too bad - better than coming back with nothing. O (Cirque du Soleil) was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. I was mesmerized the entire time. Showtime was 12:30 am my time and usually a Cirque show can be pretty slow and hard to stay awake through, but I had no problem at all. I could've watched it again that night.

Bette of course was amazing! I don't want to say too much because I know too many people who are planning to see the show, but I'll just say she is definitely in her element. That woman belongs on a Vegas stage. I will say that one of my favorite characters, Delores Del Lago was a little disappointing. I just didn't think it was as funny as in the past, but don't let that keep you from going. The show is amazing! Now, I can't wait to see Cher...

Other big news - I'm trying Abby at home by herself all day for the first time. She'll be alone almost 9 hours. I know her bladder isn't an issue, she's good at holding it. I just worry about her getting bored and messing with stuff. I have to remind myself that dogs don't have a sense of time. I keep projecting human emotions on her. I know that if she does fine in 4-5 hour increments (which she does) then she should be fine during a full day. To ween her off her daily daycare I'll take her MWF and eventually drop it to MF. I still want her to have interaction with other people and dogs, I just can't afford the $300 a month expense.

No comments: