Friday, April 4, 2008

Negatory

I hadn't been tested for HIV in about 6 months, so it was time. I had a friend tell me yesterday that he tested positive, so it was on the brain - I got my ass to the clinic. I took the Rapid test where you pay $35 and you get the results in 20 minutes. It's worth the money to avoid that 7 days of Hell waiting for results.

Well, negative as usual. Hmm...that sentence sounded like I was disappointed. Not at all! I think after all of the mistakes I've made over the past 15 years it just surprises me sometimes. I'm always careful now, but that wasn't always the case. When drugs were in my life, common sense wasn't. But, I consistently test negative.

I think there's also a little guilt there because I have so many friends that are positive who may have made a mistake once and became positive. Yet I, for some reason, have dodged more bullets than I can count. Either someone is looking out for me (which I don't believe), I'm just plain lucky, or I'm in the tiny percentage of the population with an immunity to it (doubt that one too.)

No comments: