Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Such wise words from a 3 year old

My nephew will be 4 in August and I'm amazed at some of the things that he says sometimes. Sunday, while we were at my parents for Father's Day, he was being a little grumpy. My sister asked him what was wrong.

"I'm having a bad day," he said.

She asked him, "Why?"

"Because I want people to do things and they aren't doing them."

We all kind of laughed and I commented to my mom that I wished that's what my bad days consisted of. Then on the way home it hit me - that is what my bad days consist of. Think about it...why do we get annoyed or upset most of the time? Because people don't act the way we want or expect them to.

It made me realize how stupid and childish that is. It also made me realize that the root of all of our problems are very basic - so basic that a 3 year old can pinpoint it with much more accuracy than most adults. They just don't cover it up with bullshit excuses.

On a side note: Abe commented on my last entry, but I didn't post it because it had some of his personal info on it. He told me not to worry (um, ok) and that he would be in touch when he gets to his next stop.

2 comments:

Team Manager said...

Kids do say the darndest things!

And..WOO HOO, you finally added me to your blogroll. It's about damn time. ;)

Unknown said...

ooooo, and me too!

steven, i promise, if it ever happens, you can be my second.