Monday, October 13, 2008

In a nutshell...

I know I haven't written anything in over a week. Not because nothing's happened, but because I just haven't felt like it. Since last Saturday, we've gone to see the Tut exhibit, eaten a lot of food, had a lot to drink, went to the Cottonwood Festival and bought glass, walked in the LifeWalk where sadly there are more straight people involved than gay (at least that's how it seemed), bought another piece of glass, bought 3 smaller pieces of glass, paid off all of my credit cards (got my bonus), had dinner with family, had dinner with friends for my birthday, drank a lot, went to see Religulous, spent too much money at Borders, have had about 4 or 5 negative things removed from my credit report...

So, yeah, there's been stuff to write about, I just haven't been feeling it for some reason.

Ok, just a note about Jeff's comment below. I realize that it isn't a gay illness. I used to do HIV/AIDS counseling and am well aware of the statistics. That being said, it has historically been the LGBT community that has led the fight. It's just sad to see how complacent so many people in the LGBT community have become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...where sadly there are more straight people involved than gay..."

Gotta call you on that one; A.I.D.S. is not a gay thing. I've walked for years and I remember in the beginning it was all gay (and gay friends).