Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Allergy Update

I thought this was a lovely picture of a sneeze caught on camera. :)

So, they did the first of two allergy tests yesterday morning. They put about 20 drops of different allergens on my back and then pricked each one. It didn't hurt, but it was very annoying - kind of like a tattoo...you reach a point where you just want to hit the person. Then I lay there on the bed for twenty minutes and see what reacts.

The fun part is that the ones I was most allergic to and had the biggest reaction to were in the center of my back. So, the rest of the day I had what felt like a giant, itchy mosquito bite in the middle of my back, riiiiiiight out of reach. The test results...every kind of dust known to man. I glanced at the list and saw Cockroach...um they put Cockroach shit on my back...great! I went through the rest of the day at work with that image in my head.

So, she gave me a prescription nasal spray and told me to use a NeilMed Sinus Wash which I happened to already have - I just don't like using it. So, I used that last night and this morning and feel a little better. Time is the test though - yesterday I was a mouth-breather most of the day...I can't stand mouth-breathers!

Today I get to go back for the second round of testing - the needles in the arms...

This is not me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the first picture: Ewwww!

Reqarding the second picture: Jesus!!!!