Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

This is one of my favorite pictures of Barack Obama. I am so excited today that I can hardly keep still. I see hope - something I haven't seen from Bush ever. The things he's accomplished so far before even being inaugurated are unprecedented. He hit the ground running and isn't looking back.

For the first time in a long time people are interested in politics again. It's exciting. I hate politics in general, but this man inspires me unlike any other politician I've seen. He's made me excited again, but most of all hopeful - anyone who knows me personally will know that neither of those words (excited, hopeful) are used to describe me.

Today at work I'll have cnn streaming on my computer and yes, I'll probably cry a little. I didn't realize how moved I was by everything until the other night when I was watching insert Nightly News program here. Every time they would show Obama and his family or show him speaking, I would get choked up. That's how much I hope I have - so much that I have trouble containing my emotions when I listen to him speak. Or, maybe I need to up a medication, but I think it's the former. I think he's the first genuine President we've had in decades.


No comments: